|Settling-in from Abroad Program
I especially welcome newcomers from abroad. I was one once, in reverse, when I went to live in
Europe, so I know what it feels like to suddenly be uprooted from familiar surroundings you take for
granted and immersed in life in a country whose ways are new to you. When it happened to me, I could
have saved weeks and months of “learning time” if someone had been there to guide me through things,
With that in mind, I have developed a customized program for clients from abroad to initiate you,
educate you, and ease you into life in New York.
Mary M. Stock
Your very own Personal Assistant will accompany you to:
• take an orientation tour of Manhattan to show you the different residential neighborhoods
- this may not be necessary for those already familiar with Manhattan
• apply for a driver’s license
• open a bank account
• visit the nearby food markets, dry cleaners, children’s shops, and car rental office and provide you
with a list of valuable city resources
• visit school(s) and day care center(s) to initiate the enrollment process for your children
• teach you about the bus and subway system and how to use a metrocard
• apply for a social security card at U. S. government offices
• sort out daily necessities: ordering apartment utilities, nearby restaurants, take-out delivery,
tipping practices, overview of venues for the arts
• This service is complimentary as part of our comprehensive services for our exclusive clients, for
whom we also handle their housing needs.
• Others may engage our Settling-in Service à la carte for $350 per day.
• Car and driver for the day are provided at cost, if required.
Useful Additional Information on Settling In
For useful resources and links to additional information, please click on our Links and
Upper West Side Links pages.
"Follow the Dream . . . "
To Sign Up For This Program or Learn More: